5.30.2010

Anniversary Getaway!

To celebrate our 3rd anniversary - Mike and I took off to Toronto for the weekend. We love the city, love the hype, love the endless possibility of things to do and love the proximity! We booked a hotel of Hotwire and ended up right smack in the middle of downtown - a minute walk to Yonge Street, steps away from the theatre district, and surrounded by plenty of delicious restaurants to choose from.



The view from our hotel room ... many a photo was taken of this view - playing with our new camera kept Mike quite busy while I sat back and relaxed after a long day of shopping



Did I mention how much I love Toronto? The shopping is fantastic -- the H&M store in the Eaton Centre had a maternity section...I was just a wee bit excited. We stumbled upon this just as Mike asked me if they'd have maternity clothes, to which I answered...absolutely not, I'm not really their target demographic anymore.



Our first night, we went to see Mamma Mia - we had great seats thanks to a deal on Travelzoo ... we could actually see the expressions on the actors faces. It was quite the show - Mike enjoyed it a lot more than he thought he would (trooper he is, he agreed to see it b/c I wanted to!).


The first night we went out to Golden Thai - which apparently was one of the first Thai restaurants in Toronto and a key player in popularizing Thai cuisine in the city. It was absolutely delicious - pad thai and cashew chicken were amazing...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!



Before we left on Monday, we took a tour around the city -- this is old city hall, which was right across from our hotel. We then lounged by the outdoor pool for the rest of the afternoon ... rather unexpected for a hotel in downtown Toronto, but we welcomed it with open arms!



The famous one-armed shots. We're going to have to train our baby to start taking photos at an early age so we can get some better shots of us ;)

It was a great weekend -- probably our last get away before Augusta arrives....we savoured every morning sleep in, long dinner and the effortless packing.


1 comment:

Soph said...

so glad you enjoyed yourself! You guys deserve it! :)