3 years ago...it was blazing hot, muggy and humid
3 years ago I put on a white dress, and spent more time on my hair and makeup then I ever have in the past
3 years ago Mike put on a tux, did his hair, and stapled a loose hem in his pants
3 years ago we got caught in a torrential rainstorm taking photos in a park by my parents house
3 years ago the wedding party wolfed down Wendy's takeout in the church 20 minutes before the ceremony
3 years ago we committed ourselves to eachother in front of 200 of our closest friends and family
3 years ago we had an absolutely beautiful day, filled with love, hopefulness for the future, laughter, good food, and a great dance.
Looking back, our wedding was awesome, I loved every minute of it. But I wouldn't go back for anything. Over the past 3 years, we have learned so much more about eachother, love eachother more deeply, and have grown so much as individuals as well as a couple that standing here and looking back 3 years, we almost feel like different people.
So I guess all that cheesy advice we received when we got married is true -- marriage does gets better with age.
No comments:
Post a Comment