3.17.2009

One Persons Trash....

Is our treasure! (really? you think this is treasure!? Just you wait I say...)



When Mike and I were walking the neighbourhood this past Sunday night, we came across this gem. Sure it doesn't look like much, but we both started envisioning what it could look like...and where it could go...the scheme had begun.

We bolted back home, hopped in the car and tried to make it fit in tiny old Max (our term of endearment for our '99 Mazda Protege). Yet no matter what way we schlepped this hunk of junk, it wouldn't fit.

We drove away slightly deflated, thinking that we'd have to leave it there to meet its fate in the garbage dump. Hold on a second, what were we thinking? George and Robin live 2 seconds away and have a family, therefore, a family sized vehicle! 2 minutes later we were on the road in the Saylor's minivan (thanks you guys!) and picked up the dresser with ease.

I love this random occurence for two reasons - I love that we saved a perfectly fine piece of furniture from the landfill, and secondly, I love that we have built up a community in London, and have friends that will loan us their newly cleaned van at a moment's notice.

(I'll post a pic of the dresser when I finish it...which I predict won't be for a while)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: