So, in my ever
increasing genius (I go to school you know), as I was uploading all the fabulous pictures I took of Dad's 50th celebration to my computer, I accidentally hit the
delete key....needless to say I can't figure out a way to get them back as I deleted them permanently off my memory card for my camera - hence the old picture of Dad - although you might not know its old unless you were there. Moving on -- we had a
great celebration - brunch at the Delta Armories, champagne back at our place, topped off with the crowning moment - Dad opening the stereo receiver we all chipped in and bought him - like a kid at Christmas I tell you!
It was a great day even though we all missed Aaron and Paige like crazy. As I was thinking about the milestone of 50 years, I can't help thinking how much Dad has accomplished in those 50 years - 3 kids, who knows how many houses and home renos, countless cars and car repairs, countless hours spent serving in consistery, teaching catechism, serving as an elder, and serving God. God has truly blessed him in these past 50 years, and in turn, Dad has truly blessed those that he's known along the way, especially his family.
Congrats on 50 years!

This really could pass as a birthday card - but alas it is an anniversary card - closest picture I could find!
No comments:
Post a Comment