Here's our list from the Canada Day long weekend ... 4 days to accomplish a LOT of things. Pictures will follow in subsequent posts...
-Bathroom was finished
A multi-step which involved Mike climbing into the attic and ontop of the roof to install a new vent and hook up the bathroom fan properly this time (whoever installed it before had no idea what they were doing!). Grout was sealed, trim and baseboard went up, tub and trim were caulked, and fixtures were installed
-Gardens weeded and mulched
I finally got back out into the gardens -- pulled a huge wheelbarrow full of weeds out, topdressed the gardens and mulched them....they should be good for a few weeks now!
-Baby's room finished
I hung the floating shelves with a bit of muscle help from Mike; and we put in a closet organizer for him/her after I patched the holes and painted the whole closet again. This kid officially has a nicer room than we do. And so it begins ;)
-Transition strips done
Where the laminate floor meets the tile both in the basement and upstairs have just been hanging out for a while...it's been nice to see the subfloor for so long, but good things must come to an end. Mike stained and varnished some nice strips of wood to transition between the two surfaces, making everything look oh so much more finished.
-Took a load to the city dump
All the construction materials had been building up both outside on our deck, and cluttering our basement. Mike took a car full to the dump -- I don't think anything else could fit in there. It's uncanny how clearing out clutter makes me feel so much better about our place...it may be tied into my slight ocd tendencies
I was actually pretty excited to go to work on Tuesday b/c it meant that I could sit all day!! I was definitely ready to be sedentary for a day!
I was actually pretty excited to go to work on Tuesday b/c it meant that I could sit all day!! I was definitely ready to be sedentary for a day!

No comments:
Post a Comment