5.28.2009

The "easy" room = wall of pure evil

So Mike and I decided we'd help out Ben & Jen renovate their new house. We showed up on Saturday, eager and willing to help - we'll do anything we said...anything you want us to do, we're there. So Ben nicely assigned us to tearing off the wallpaper in the littlest room in the house. Suuuure we said, we're pros, done it a thoooooousand times.



No we hadn't....Not like this....we slowly recruited more to our hopeless cause...spending the better half of the day in THAT room...



And the wallpaper still wasnt' budging - it was like it had a life of its own - it just loved that drywall so much, it wasn't letting go.




We even tried this product as a last ditch effort - it was un-aptly named "the only thing that works" ....

It did NOT work...



So, Ben and Jen decided they didn't like this wall much anyways -- so Ben happily tore the drywall down. I wish I had an 'after' picture to show you - you'll have to knock on their door - or just creep into their back porch and look through the window. They really like drop-ins ;)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Soph said...

lol! David and I just missed that whole fiasco! lol! We got there for the easy part. Good work!

jammer said...

Meg - thanks for posting those pictures! Brings back memories...i know i know of like a week ago.

I don't have any because i still can't find my camera (or i would have posted some after pictures!). For the record Mike and Meghan are not exaggerating when they say they worked ridiculously hard on that wall. It was a beast and it deserved to be destroyed ;)

now it's our favorite room in the house!