5.10.2009

Changes all around

Hence the blogging absence.  Here's a little run down of our last month

1. Mike gets offered a job in Sarnia as a medical social worker at the Bluewater Hospital. He accepts. We realize we need a second car asap. Our little '99 Protege with 265,000 kms starts whimpering at the mere threat of being driven roughly 2 hours/day, 5 days a week.

2. Therefore - car shopping begins.  Easter weekend is filled with car hunting, driving around the countryside (London doesn't have much to offer in the way of cheap Mazdas) and arrive at Downsview Auto - home of a zillion Mazda 3's and 6's.  We buy the cheapest car on the lot - an '05 Mazda 3 - chucked fill with options (a/c and power locks...isn't that a lot!?).

3. I get offered a full time job at the Centre for Studies in Family Medicine until October.  Problem is - I'm not finished my thesis -- my workload skyrockets - another reason for the extended absence.

4. Our tenant moves out - leaving us with a big basement to renovate and furnish. Needless to say, we are thrilled to have our whole house to ourself - our privacy back, our laundry room back, and more room to spread out and breathe! 

So - there you have it - I have a lot of thoughts all stored up about all these changes - it hasn't been all excitment - it's been hard to leave some things behind - leaving my office on campus of 2 years (not long I know, but long enough for a sentimental freak like myself) handing off my on campus position for a new job, realizing that Mike and I won't have mornings together anymore (he's going to be leaving for work at 7 - I start at 9 - hence, I'll still be sawing logs by the time he leaves!).  All extremely exciting, but many minor adjustments to be made along the way. 

Now to find some furniture to fill that basement....ah ikea catalogue here I come.


No comments: