2.19.2009

My Latest Gadgets....

Being a student, I of course spend an incredible amount of time on the internet...you know, researching...writing papers....procrastinating (yeah, that's more like it)

So I'm always thrilled to find new ways to streamline my time-consuming habits

Thanks to a mini-tutorial from Ben, I am now hooked on Google Reader....

It manages all the RSS feeds I'm subscribed to (how did I even get to the point where I understand what that means? Although I still am unsure of what RSS stands for....)

I can now, at a glance...in one webpage, read all the new posts to my favorite blogs/websites.

Biggest procrastination tool ever - yet has cleverly packaged itself as a way to increase efficiency in my day-to-day blog/website visit routine....therefore, fully and completely justified in my mind.

I'm also starting to venture into the world of Twitter. It's pretty much a site dedicated to facebook status update-esque information. I don't think I'll use this to its full potential as you can sync it to your cell and therefore inform the world at extremely frequent intervals what you're doing. So far I'm 'following' 3 people - Ben, Sarah and Zach....anyone else want to join?

1 comment:

Ben said...

google reader rules. also, twitter is neat. i follow a few people, but haven't immersed yet.