This past weekend, Mike and I finally got a chance to get out and use our new camping gear from our wedding (yes, it was over a year ago, and yes we haven't used any of it yet!). We took off to Pinery Provincial Park from Friday to Monday and had a great time. We've had 2 full weeks of vacation with our respective families this summer, which has been amazing, but this weekend, we truly realized the value of vacationing with just eachother. It was amazing to be able to reconnect, talk the entire weekend, and enjoy eachother's company without distraction. Plus, he wins best husband of the year award for getting up with me at 3am to walk to the washroom because I had to pee.
8.26.2008
Finally we camp!
This past weekend, Mike and I finally got a chance to get out and use our new camping gear from our wedding (yes, it was over a year ago, and yes we haven't used any of it yet!). We took off to Pinery Provincial Park from Friday to Monday and had a great time. We've had 2 full weeks of vacation with our respective families this summer, which has been amazing, but this weekend, we truly realized the value of vacationing with just eachother. It was amazing to be able to reconnect, talk the entire weekend, and enjoy eachother's company without distraction. Plus, he wins best husband of the year award for getting up with me at 3am to walk to the washroom because I had to pee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I never realized until camping how often I get up to pee in the night! It sucks. And nope - George doesn't get up with me!
Post a Comment