3.06.2008

A water fountain - a well of humour?

On my first day of work, which happened to be May 1st, I walked down the hall and saw a water fountain. I then noticed that there was a sign on it that said 'Temporarily out of order'. Granted I was a bit disappointed but knew that it would only be a matter of a couple days or max a couple of weeks before I could bask in the glory of having a water fountain mere steps outside of my office.

It is now March 6. The fountain still has the same sign on it. 'Temporarily out of order'. I have obviously given up my dreams of free water with zero effort. I have now resorted to finding this situation extremely funny. What do they mean by 'temporarily'? I've taken to walking down the hall and letting out a little chuckle every time I see that sign and think of the irony of that word.

Therefore, I have just proven that at work, even a water fountain can make me laugh. Which causes me to think that I may have already lost all of the very few marbles I had to begin with.

Anyone want some water?

No comments: