1.25.2008

Clutter

I have recently discovered (some would question recently) that I have an incredibly low tolerance for clutter. When I walk into the house and see papers strewn about, flyer's lying on the kitchen table, and clothes (mostly mine) lying on the bedroom floor, I immediately get annoyed (at myself) and start cleaning. It doesn't take much for me to crack, drop whatever I'm supposed to be doing at the time, and clean.

I started questioning whether this could be a good neuroticism to possess when I thought about clutter in my everyday activities. I manage to fill my day with school work mainly, but only to the point that I have to, not to the point of going above and beyond. I hold myself back, intentionally cluttering my evenings with TV shows, email checking, and lazing about. This intentional cluttering also pushes away time that I should be spending doing devotions (which was a new years resolution). Why can I so easily drop what I am doing to declutter our house, but not to declutter my day? Why is it that the things I want to be doing get so easily pushed to the side?

So, there are no answers, there is something to work on - - move a paranoia from one part of my life to another - shift annoyance to productivity - shift complacency to motivation - - starting now

No comments: